CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Sad news!!!

We heard some very sad news today! Effective Sept 1, adoptions will be closing between the US and Vietnam. You can read all about it here:

http://vietnam.usembassy.gov/irreg_adoptions042508.htm

My heart aches for those who have been anxiously awaiting their referrals. Some families started the adoption process the same time we did! We will hug Sara extra hard this weekend! We are so lucky to have this happy, healthy, gorgeous little girl. She's pretty smart too! We have thought at times about getting a second child, but with this latest development, we probably will not pursue another adoption. We are just so blessed to have this precious little angel!

1 comments:

Scott said...

Sue and Gary, yes we are so lucky to have gotten our children when we did. I am really saddened to know that people who turned in their paperwork around the same time as me are still waiting. I thought my wait was long, but it's hard to think about all the frustrations and problems that were part of the trip--when I look at Henry and think how lucky I am to have him in my life. I hope that those who are waiting will keep hope and reach their dream.