CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

BACK TO PLAN A

I'm not exactly sure what happened today. I woke up and went to work thinking we wouldn't be traveling tomorrow. Sue's father is an attorney and he called our agency first thing. The head of our agency didn't know that we had been told to travel. We sent her the email from her Vietnam coordinator telling us to book flights and obtain visas. He also called our agency's partner which actually has the license to do business in Vietnam. I'm not sure what he discussed with them or what his tone was.

In the meantime, I had called my Congressman, Pat Tiberi, yesterday afternoon and spoke with them. Sue called both of our Senators', George Voinovich and Sherrod Brown offices. Also, her parents called their Congresswoman's, Marci Kaptur, office. All 4 offices wanted more information right away and promised to look into our specific case for us.

Next thing we know, Sue gets a call from the head of the licensed agency. She told us that everything was in place for us to travel as originally planned. Their people in Vietnam promised that we would get Sara this Sunday and that the G&R ceremony would be Monday. However, we were told there may be delays and we may be in country longer than expected. We don't care we just want our Sara.

I don't know what to expect when we actually get to Vietnam. We've been told so many things that we don't believe any of them, but we remain, as ever, cautiously optimistic. The last 24 hours have been the biggest emotional roller coaster we have ever been on.

Gary

3 comments:

stollmyheart said...

Oh my...you guys been through so much. I am glad they go things figured out and you have so many people pulling for you! Way to go for your perserverence. I wish you safe travels and be sure to post lots. I can't wait to finally see the new family picture! Congrats!

Julie said...

I'm SO SO SO SO HAPPY for you!! I've been thinking about you constantly since your post yesterday and hoping things would work out. Have a wonderful journey. Wow! You will be with Sara in 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We're praying for your trip and somehow in the next 24-36 hours you both can get some rest and try to recover from the last 24 hours. We will be checking your blog for updates. This is quite the adventure. Your sweet girl has no idea how blessed she is to have you both as parents.
To my dear friend Sue...I love you and can't wait to see pictures of you holding Sara!