CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

When in Rome...

Today we had an authentic Vietnamese experience. We went to our friend Hahn's cousin Hong's house for lunch. Gary was picked up by a motorcycle and Sue rode a taxi with Hong. Hong lives with her husband, son, her grandmother and her mother. There is also a maid and a cat. The food was delicious. Hanh told her about everything Sue doesn't eat, no beef or pork! It was all shrimp.

They are building a new house that will be ready in a couple of weeks. The houses are very narrow and tall. The house has a spiral staircase in the center. On each floor there are rooms on either side of the stairs. There are balconies on both the front and back of each floor. They are planning to plant trees, flowers and grass on the back patio with the stone walls.





Sue said she would never go on a Motor Scooter... Oh well! They are everywhere here and there are no traffic rules, at least not followed. You have to just cross the street with motor bikes and cars coming right at you!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue and Gary,
My life is based around reading your blog everytime I get near a computer!! Sue you looked great on that scooter!!! I hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you are really starting to enjoy the trip. Today will be the best ever because of Sara! Can't wait to see the pictures
Love you guys,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Sue, so glad you are feeling better, the clock is ticking faster to the moment of seeing Sara. Can't wait, post those pics quickly. Take Care. gc

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Pants may work better for a scooter! Sounds like you are having fun- holding our breath for your introduction to Sara!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara,
This is your great-grandma speaking, your aunt Jackie is showing me your parents' blog, and I am learning about their trip to get you. "I can't wait to see you in person, my love is so full for you".
Love you, (and all my other babies)
Great Grandma

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a lovely trip! I am signing online every time I walk past my computer to check for pictures of you two and Sara together!!!!!
Thinking of you ----

Nori

Michael Chabler said...

Dear Sue & Gary,

Happy anniversary!! We hope you got your present already, by seeing Sara.

We can not wait to see your picture together. We're checking the blog frequently.

Love,

Michael & Lilla

Beth T said...

Sue and Gary,
I am very excited for you! The time is near for you! Prayers can be answered. Waiting for the update!!
Love,
Beth

stollmyheart said...

So glad you are there, safe and sound...and feeling better! I can't wait to see your pictures with Sara...just a few hours away!!! Congrats!

Michele said...

Hi Sue and Gary -

What an amazing journey so far!!!!! The trip to Vietnam alone would've beaten down lesser mortals. I have butterflies in my stomach just waiting for pictures of you and Sara to appear here. All the love in the world to you - Michele and Amanda

Julie said...

I'm so excited for you! I keep checking your blog. I just can't wait to see a pictures of the three of you together as a family!

Unknown said...

Gary,

Alene and I are following your blog and hoping that your trip goes well and you come back with a happy, healthy Sara.

It looks like you had quite a trip out there, but now are having a fun time.

We are thinking of you. Let me know how the Pumpkin Spice Lattes are in Vietnam!

Jon

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue and Gary,
You are parents !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is beautiful and you look so happy holding her. Looks like everyone there is happy for you too. Sara will enjoy seeing all of the pictures when she is older.
I could not be happier for you both. God Bless all 3 of you.
Love,
Sharon D