CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

THE TRIP IS OFF

Just when we had hope that our 6 year wait to have children was finally going to end, we got devastating news today. Now, we will not be able to travel on Thursday and it may be several more months before we are able to go.


First, this whole mess with the USCIS changing the rules about how I600s are filed. It sounds like the rule is changing, but it is not clear when it will go into effect. Our agency called us today, just 2 days before we were to travel to let us know. They provided us with no guidance as to what we should do and left it totally up to us. As of now, the old rules still apply but by the time we get to Ho Chi Minh City, they mayhave changed.


The second and worse news is that we found out through our friends in Vietnam talking to Mr. Hiep that we do not have a signed adoption decree. We were told that we had a G&R date of 10/29, but that can't happen w/o an adoption decree.

Mr. Hiep wanted to know who told us that is was alright for us to travel in the first place. He said since we had tickets, we could come and visit Sara every day in the orphanage but we could not bring her home.

Now we most likely will have to follow the new I600 rules which will add 2 months to our travel date. Also, many of our documents, like our I171H, are going to expire and will need to be redone.

Sue is inconsolable and I am just numb.


Gary

8 comments:

Heather Field said...

Oh I am just sick with sorrow for you all. I heard the I600 news early this morning and immediately thought of you. You must be devistated. I am so so sorry.

Adalie said...

I am heartbroken for both of you.... I am so sorry.

Julie said...

I don't know what to say except my thoughts are with you all the time, and I am hoping for a change that will allow you to bring Sara home soon.

Michael Chabler said...

I am truly very sorry.

However, I'm just wondering if there is a way to straighten this out in just a couple months?

Michele said...

My heart aches as I read this posting. I am heartbroken for both of you, and for our families.

stollmyheart said...

I am so sorry!! I can't imagine! I know there are already some changes being made by the Embassy/USCIS to allow families who had travel dates to travel...I am praying that good news makes it your way as well!

Heather Field said...

Try contacting your senator and MAKE YOUR AGENCY WORK FOR YOU!!! We switched from AII to PLAN and PLAN is working day and night to get these families permission to travel and it worked. All the families with Nov 3rd & Nov 10th travel dates received special permission from US Embassy to travel as planned. Holding you close in my thoughts and prayers for a miracle for you guys and sweet little Sara. chkkbc@msn.com

Anonymous said...

did you know your site is being referenced on a yahoo forum. I thought you should know. I would hate to be referenced without knowing it.